5T also made its contribution to Expo Milano 2015, bringing its experience and expertise in mobility management for the duration of the event.
As a partner of the contractor, Gruppo Arriva – Partner People Mobility of Expo Milano 2015, 5T designed and built the platform for the purchase of parking spaces, parkexpo2015.arriva.it, and the AVL system and the traffic information services on the free shuttles that connect the parking lots to the exhibition site and the circular internal line, People Mover.
- ParkExpo is a platform that allows users to book and purchase a parking space inside the Merlata, Arese, Trenno, and FieraMilano car parks, if they have a ticket to the Expo, and according to the type of vehicle.
- For every purchase made, the user will receive directions to the assigned parking lot and the QR-code necessary for recognition permitting entry to the assigned area.
- The platform also manages real-time data on the situations in parking lots in order to redistribute new bookings intelligently.
- Free shuttles that connect the parking lots to the exhibition are equipped with an AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location) system that allows for the sending of real-time information on their location.
- This information is provided to the visitors through displays installed in the parking lots, which communicate the waiting time for shuttle arrival, departure times, and the shuttles' location in real time on the OpenStreetMap.
- The 6 shuttles of the circular internal line, People Mover, that connects different areas of the exhibition site with 10 stops, are also equipped with an AVL system that provides real-time information on the displays installed in each vehicle, indicating the position of the shuttle along the route and giving information about the next stop.